If you’ve managed to refrain from splurging on a new festive wardrobe (good on you) we’ve found the perfect way to revamp your look with Friday’s paycheck- an Original Sugar Mani. Recently welcomed onto the menu at Urban Retreat, Harrods, it takes statement nails to the next level, making them the ultimate accessory to your style this month.
Spanning the blingy, the sparkly and the furry (yep, we kid you not, you can choose a Velvet mani) tips are retreated to a disco worthy look. And the best bit is you can buy the kits to recreate, or touch up (read extend the life of your mani beyond one event), at home.
On Glam’s visit we trialed a mix of the The Bullionaire Manicure and The Original Velvet Manicure; a fab combo in our book. And, despite the intricate detailing, it actually takes less time than a standard mani.
1. Push cuticles back to the bed of the nail.
2. Prep nails with a clear base coat.
3. Apply one coat of a colour of your choice. Tip: choose a colour that’s the same as your decoration for the best results, we opted for Orly in Goth to match the black Bullionaire.
4. Over a tray pour the Bullionaire over wet nails, removing any extras from the sides of the nails.
5. Once dry apply a top coat over and dab off excess with a sponge.
6. To apply Velvet on statement nails, follow steps 1,2 and 3, then shake velvet onto wet nail. Allow to dry.
Voila… nails that are perfect for parties, shindigs or even under the mistletoe!
The Original Sugar Manicures at The Nail Loft within Urban Retreat at Harrods start from £42. Allow for an additional 15 minutes for all Nail Art designs, at £15 with any manicure. For more information or to buy a kit visit www.originalsugar.com